About Rocket French.
If you are looking for an online course that would help you to learn French, Rocket might be one of the best options for that. This course was developed by Rocket Languages and a native speaker from France Marie-Claire Rivière. The main studying content in this course are audio lessons that teach learners how to communicate in French. In addition to that Rocket also includes quite a lot of written studying content, different software’s and features that are aimed at teaching all areas of a new language. So with this learning program you can learn how to speak & understand French, understand the basics of language structure & grammar and also get more information on French people and their culture. The fact that Rocket includes different multimedia for studying makes it suitable for different type of French learners – audible and visual.
In order to make its courses more effective for learners, Rocket Languages created them based on several different teaching strategies. Users of this course have an access to a lot of different tools for practicing & increasing reinforcement, ability to study on the move (app and online based course) and tools & features that encourage speaking French out load. Furthermore Rocket Languages includes various activities & features that are aimed at maintaining motivation to study and also support via forum is available.
Furthermore Rocket courses use so called chunking process. This teaching method means that large and difficult content in the course is being divided into smaller & easier to understand parts. So in the beginning you will be introduced to full French dialogues & sentences and later they will be divided into smaller pieces and explained in more detail. This is a very useful feature of Rocket and it ensures that users can follow this learning program confidently and without too much difficulty.
Review of The Main Features.
There are currently three levels of this program available for French – Premium, Premium Plus and Platinum. By completing all of these parts learners can expect to go from beginner to advance level in French. So if you already know some French you can begin with the second or third part of Rocket and for complete beginners Premium edition can be a great way to start their learning. A total number of lessons in all Rocket courses for learning French is 211, which would be equal to 422 hours of studying time. These include interactive audios, lessons on French culture and language structure & grammar.
One of the things that makes Rocket French ahead of its competitors is the fact that it teaches all areas of a new language (speaking & understanding, writing, grammar, reading and also culture). In addition to 99 interactive audio lessons, Rocket also includes 112 lessons dedicated to French grammar & language structure and also culture. Some competitor courses try to avoid grammar and only provide studying material & features for learning how to speak in French. So learners who need to learn more than just essential phrases for speaking can definitely benefit from a learning program like Rocket. Also with this French course you will not need to do any guessing. All provided studying material has transcripts and explanations & translations in English so you will be able to follow Rocket program without too much difficulty.
While Rocket provides studying content for different areas of a new language, teaching learners how to communicate in French is still the most important goal of this program. Due to this the main studying material in Rocket are audio lessons (99 lessons in all 3 levels). These lessons are interactive so listeners are constantly being asked to participate in them by saying different French phrases & sentences. This is a great benefit of Rocket program because it encourages learners to speak out load. It should be also mentioned that Rocket audios feature one native French speaker so you can be sure that you will hear correct pronunciation & good accent at all times. One more component in Rocket French that is very useful for improving speaking skills in a new language is Rocket Record. The main aim of this software is to help improve your pronunciation and make it as close to a native speaker as possible. It works by recording your pronunciation of different French words and phrases and then you can compare it to a native speaker. At the moment 3 levels of Rocket include at least 8000 different phrases so it is possible to make a lot of practice by using this tool.
Since one of the goals of Rocket is to ensure that learners are able to recall studying material, this program includes many different tools to practice French from different angles. One of the tools in the program is called Write it and it is aimed at improving French writing skills. While using this program you will hear a word or a phrase, and then you will need to write it. After that you will be able to test how well you did and also rate how difficult it was for you. The other practicing tool in this program is Hear it Say it. The main purpose of this program is that listeners would repeat random French phrases, which is useful for practicing speaking skills of this foreign language. After that learners can also compare if their pronunciation was close to a native speaker by using Rocket Record tool. Another tool in Rocket course is called Know it. This feature asks learners to translate from English to French, which can be very beneficial for practicing your vocabulary. Play it is one more practicing software that can be found in this course. The main purpose of this tool is to make French learners be more prepared for actual conversation. It works by selecting random conversations from previous lessons and listeners are expected to participate in them by coming with the right thing to say in French. In addition to these mentioned tools, Rocket provides its learners with quizzes & flashcards so there is a lot of opportunity to test knowledge in French and improve your retention rate even further.
For learners who have very limited time for studying French, Rocket can be one best course choices. The fact that Rocket is based completely online means that users of this program can study flexibly whenever they are. This is a great benefit over courses that come in a form of books or software. Furthermore part of material in Rocket can be downloaded (audio lessons) and there is an app available that allows French learners to study via different devices.
The other aspect of Rocket that makes it an effective program for studying French is the fact that it has advanced tracking and also it has features that can boost motivation to study further. When you will complete separate parts of Rocket course, all this will be fully tracked and you will be able to continue studying French where you last left. The difficulty of each lesson, module, phrase or word can be rated too, so you will be able to come back to more challenging parts later. Furthermore doing different activities in this program gives users points. These points are being counted and later learners get achievement badges and participate in leader-board as well. In case you need additional motivation to login to this program and study, you can opt in for weekly e-mails from Rocket Languages. These e-mails will provide you with information on your learning progress and recommend further parts of the course that you should do.
This course also has its own forum where you can find plenty of tips and resources that can help you with French studying. There you can ask questions so if you will have any difficulty while learning you can be sure that you will get support. Answers are usually given by either other French learners or tutor of this course.
If you want to try this course prior to buying, you can do so by registering for 6 days trial lessons. They are totally free so you will be able to try this program before making any investments and make sure that it’s the right French course for you.
What Do Other People Reviews Say?
If you would spend time reading user reviews of Rocket French course, you would soon notice that they are very positive. Actually it would be kind of difficult to find at least one negative testimonial. Most users compliment this course since there is quite a lot of studying material included and for a very reasonable price (online version). Also learners recommend this course because there are different tools included for practicing French from different angles, which also makes learning more dynamic and fun. Read a few consumer reviews of Rocket French course bellow.
For more consumer reviews of Rocket French course visit the official website here.
Review of the Main Pros and Cons.
- Rocket Languages allows new French learners to try this course for 6 days (completely free), which is enough time to test all features included and decide if it is the right studying program for them;
- Rocket French has very positive feedback from its users, which is a good indication that it is an effective and fun language learning program to follow;
- There are three levels of Rocket French available, so by completing all of them you can achieve more advance level with this foreign language. And more advanced learners can skip to Premium Plus or Platinum parts directly, which will allow to save them some time and money;
- Rocket Record tool, which is included in this program is very useful for improving your French pronunciation. Also there is one native French speaker in audio lessons so you will be learning how to speak with a good accent;
- Rocket is a very convenient course to study French while on the go since you can download all audio lessons and transfer them to your preferred device. Also you can access all material in the course and learn anywhere you have an internet connection or you can also download a free Rocket app and study via your preferred device;
- Instructor of audio lessons is very enthusiastic so it is quite fun to listen to these audios. Also they are very easy to follow since all dialogues are divided into smaller parts and explanations are provided by an instructor. In addition to that these lessons have transcripts in both French and English so you will be able to understand everything that you are learning;
- Rocket provides learners with all aspects of French language including speaking, listening, culture lessons, grammar explanations, writing and reading. Competitor courses like Pimsleur or Michel Thomas only teach you how to speak and understand French, although it is priced even higher;
- Quizzes, badges and self-rating system, optional newsletters on your progress, leaderboard keeps you motivated to study further and improve your French skills. Also this program has advanced tracking features so you can follow your progress easily and pay more attention to areas that needs the most improvement from your part;
- Rocket offers a couple of tools (Write it, Play it, Hear it, Say it and etc.) that can help to improve your retention on vocabulary and make studying less monotonic. In addition to that there are two games included (Word Master and Phrase Master), which are also useful for practicing French from different angles;
- In case you are learning French for traveling purposes, Rocket is an ideal course for you. This is because it includes extensive culture lessons and teaches essential words & phrases that are needed to get around in French speaking country;
- It can be said that prices of Rocket French courses are very reasonable since you can buy Premium course for as little as $99.95 (lifetime-access) and there are also huge discounts available when buying two or three levels at once.
- Each level of Rocket French comes together with Survival Kit, which is completely free and will provide with additional studying material;
- All courses by Rocket Languages are backed up by money back guarantee (60 days), so you can ask for refund in case you change your mind about this program.
- It can be said that Rocket course is more focused on speaking and listening parts of French language. Although there is quite a lot of material on grammar included too, you might need additional books if you are planning to prepare for a written exam or something similar;
- Rocket is mostly an online based course, so you will need to have an internet connection while studying. However audio lessons can be downloaded so you will be able to learn part of the material on your mp3 player or other devices. It is also worthwhile to mention that there is also an option to buy physical copy of the course, although it’s quite expensive;
- If you prefer to immerse into French fully when learning, it might be difficult to do so while following Rocket course. While provided explanations & translations in the program are helpful, it also means that you will hear & see less of French language;
Summary of a Review.
To summarize this review it can be said that Rocket offers one of the most dynamic and fun courses for learning French. It is a suitable language learning program for both visual and audible learners since it includes different multimedia (audio lessons, games, different tools and etc.) to study French from. The fact that studying material can be accessed online and by using different devices also makes Rocket suitable for busy French learners. Also it is worthwhile to mention that there are three levels available for French learners, so beginners can achieve more advanced level with this foreign language and more advanced learners can choose Premium Plus or Platinum levels from the start.
When it comes to downsides, there are only a few of them to consider. As it was mentioned earlier, Rocket provides explanations on grammar and other areas of French language. However these are mostly basics, so if you need in depth knowledge in these areas, you will probably need supplementary learning material. In case you still have doubts about Rocket French, you should definitely register for trial lessons (6 days) and test all the features that are included in this online course.
When it comes to price you should know that each part of this course is priced at $149.95 (online version); however there is usually a discount available on Premium course or when buying multiple levels at once. At the moment you can get $50 discount on Rocket Premium and you can save up to 42% by ordering all three levels of Rocket French at once.